Our shoes and accessories are made from a varied range of quality leather types. Please see the below listing to help differentiate the differences between each leather used.
- Kid Suede: Kid suede is a goat leather which goes through a special tanning process to give the leather a fine napped finish.
- Phoenix: Phoenix is a cow leather which has been buffed to give a slight nap of short fibres producing a fine napped finish.
- Berlin: Berlin is the same type of leather as phoenix, but has been embossed with lizard print.
- Como: Como is a cow leather which has a fine grain that is polished to give it a dressier look.
- Luxe: Luxe is a cow leather which has been tumbled in a large drum to give the pebbled texture and softness.
- Monaco: Monaco is a cow leather which has a fine grain and is burnished on a buffing wheel to give it a more casual look.
- Albany: Albany is a cow leather which is burnished on a buffing wheel. This leather is softer and dressier than Monaco.
- Diesel: Diesel is a cow leather that has a waxy feel. Oil and wax are added to the leather during the tanning process giving the leather a distressed look.
- Capretto: Capretto is a cow leather that has been sanded until no grain is visible. The final product is a smooth shiny finish.
- Patent: Patent is a cow leather, during the final stages of the production process the leather is coated with lacquer which gives it its shiny reflective surface.
- Sheep Nappa: Sheep nappa is a leather made from the hide of a sheep. It has a beautiful soft hand feel and is a very delicate leather.
- Pony Hair: Pony hair (such as our Tan Leopard and Black Pony) is a cow leather made from the hair side of the hide. The hair is shaved shorter to simulate the look of horse hair.
- Printed Reptile Skin: Printed reptile skin (such as our Snake, Croc and Alligator prints) is a cow leather which is embossed and painted to the desired colour and reptile effect.
May 11, 2022